Monday, October 05, 2009

Doing So So...

Well honestly I did excellent all last week and then the weekend came and Patrick and I were running around shopping for clothes for our trip to Vegas/Sedona (Oct 24-Nov 2) and I guess I was just in too much of a celebratory mood because when it came time to eat I just ate whatever I wanted and I wanted rich fatty food, booze AND dessert.

I pretty much ate whatever I wanted Sat and Sun and today (Monday) I am back on.
I have to not do this on the weekends, this tends to pretty much wipe out all the good I do during the week.

I have been thru this before. This is something I fall back into if I am not careful.

I am not weighing for a couple of days.

Today I decided since I had great walking in both Sat and Sunday (hours at the mall on Sat and at least an hour walking around shopping on Sun. too) that I would start a commitment to myself to walk EVERY DAY until we leave on the 24th for Vegas.

I want to have good stamina to walk as much as we can on our trip.

So I walked 40 min. this morning and will continue on, even on Sundays, until we leave.

2 comments:

Greta from www.bigbottomblogger.blogspot.com said...

Hang in there. You are headed the right direction for sure. And, good job on the exercise! Falling off the wagon is ok...as long as you catch back up to it and jump back on. :)

During this busy season...maybe try to cook several meals at a time....so you can eat one portion, then stick the rest in the fridge. That way you have more control over the contents and you are not eating processed stuff. Grill/broil/bake 4-6 portions of chicken or salmon or shrimp ahead of time (if you are doing meat)...then just throw on a huge bowl of mixed greens for a meal.

Cheering you on!

Runundefined said...

Good Morning Greta!

I read most of your blog last night and wow, you are doing fantastic. I am very inspired and so glad you took the time to write your experiences. and wow.. the 199 mark is such a milestone! I am cheering YOU on too!
Thanks so much for posting.

Cary~