Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hello!!!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It’s been too long so I decided I best get my arse in here and post.

First of all HI TIFFANY! Love you gurl.. will be heading over to your blog right after my post!

Lets see… I have been doing much better. I have been very strict in my eating because of my IBD and really am just eating meat, eggs and cheese.. I have had a few veggies.. VERY well cooked.. so far so good.

I am afraid I am back to drinking diet cokes. I think I just gave up too much. I KNOW they are the devil but I am at least drinking the splenda ones.. will work on them again later.

Thank you to my friend Fawn from LCF for the Coconut Pudding recipe (basically just a can of coconut milk (make sure to get good organic co milk with NO SUGAR).. mine is the organic 365 brand from Whole Foods.. 12 carbs for the entire can.. mixed with 1 Cup of finely shredded (I used my food processor) organic sugar free coconut flakes.

Mix this together and let it sit in the fridge overnight.. I have a bottle of coconut Davinci so I am going to check to see if it needs a little sweetening when we eat it tonight..

Coconut is so good for us and especially good for those of us with bowel issues or candida. It’s also a great way to stoke your metabolism.. I actually can feel my body warm up when I use coconut oil. Anyway, had to share…

Patrick and I are headed to Sanibel Island for a little vaca this weekend.. and ya.. we are staying on program of course.. I have scoped out a few places to eat already.. a good place called Schnappers hots for hot dogs (love them with hot peppers and mustard and cheese! Who the hell needs a bun! I usually just chop them up and eat it sort of like a salad.

Also there is a Cheeburger, Cheeburger there.. can’t beat their huge burger (sans bun) with avo, grilled onion, bleu cheese, bacon.. omg.. I can go on.. they have many toppings that are LC friendly.

I also found a place for breakfast that is pet friendly.. It’s called the Key Lime Bistro. They have build your own omelets.. OMG.. can’t beat that.

And we are going to Timber’s for dinner.. a great fresh seafood/fish place. So I am prepared (it’s the key to success you know!) and so ready for our vaca.. long walks on the beach and I might even get on a bike.. if I can keep myself from singing “fat bottom girls”.. I sure miss Freddie.

Making a briscuit I got at a Kosher butcher tonight. The owner told me an interesting way to cook it.. wrap it twice in plastic then foil (add spices first of course) and then put it in a dutch oven, put the lid on it, put it in the oven on 250 and cook 30min per pound. Mine is like 7 pounds.. so that’s over 3 hours. Can’t wait to try it.. he said it makes them very juicy.. and it’s grass fed, hormone and antibiotic free.. perfection.

That’s all for now!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hello! Just coming over from LCF. Thanks for the follow.

That coconut pudding sounds great. I know I should have coconut more often, all I do is the oil pulling.

Runundefined said...

Jennifer!
Hello, Thanks for dropping by my blog. I have read some of yours.. VERY nice job.

The coconut pudding was good. It had a very rich, fatty mouth feel so that really helps with portion control. I did add 2 capfuls of SF Coconut Davinci. Patrick (DH) enjoyed it also. I think I will have a bit more for breakfast, nice change from eggs.

Have a great day.
Cary~

Tiffany said...

Fawn had told me about that pudding, too, but I used too much coconut and it's too dry, and waiting in a covered container for some more coconut milk!

I have eaten Wendy's BLT Salad several times now since you suggested it! (I actually had one tonight because I was in town all day, and didn't have anything at home to cook!) Love it with that Chipotle ranch dressing for a meal on the go.

You two have a lot of fun this weekend! I'm headed off to New Orleans for a week - leaving Friday, but I'll have my computer to check in! Take care!

XOXO
Tiff

Tricia said...

Hi Cary! I found your blog on LCF too :)

When I did LC the first time, I never thought to incorporate coconut products. I definitely want to try to work them in this time.

Love the collage! Have a great time on your vacation!

P.S. Nothing beats Queen on the radio in the car on the way to work! Totally sets the tone for the day :)