Monday, February 23, 2009

Life is Good

Official Weigh In.. Monday, Feb. 23-2009
233#


Well I am down 11 pounds.. My first week of induction was good.. Starting my second week now. I am a few days into my TOM so I am sure I am actually down at least another pound…
I know this weight loss this quickly sounds great but in actuality it was all water as I was retaining water very badly. I can finally get my wedding ring back on.

I am counting calories and carbs now.. for a week or two, as I have to get back into the groove of how much I can actually eat. LC is great but as it is a fatty diet I have to be careful about the calories too… as for me calories count too.. I can get carried away with Mac nuts and I LOVE nice cheeses and nice cuts of beef.

This morning was a great shake..
I made one for Patrick


Almond Mocha Shake for Patrick1/4 C cream
1/4 C egg beaters1 espresso1 scoop whey protein powder
1 T (measure this) cocoa2 T roasted crushed almonds _use 14 almonds
1-3 drops of almond flavoringVanilla, chocolate divinci to taste – used SF Kahlua YUM!1 cup ice
Calories/Carbs:
Cream – 200/1.7
Eggbeaters – 30/1
Espresso – 0/.5
Scoop whey pro. 110/3
1 T Cocoa – 5/1
14 almonds – 97/1.3
442/8.5


It’s very filling. I am still not hungry and it’s 1pm! I drank this at 9:30am.
I want to keep my calories THIS week around 1000-1250 or so. I really want to get a couple of pounds off this week.

Feeling very good.. have plenty of energy (taking vitamins and lots of minerals)..
And drinking lots of liquids.

Making something simple and quick tonight, maybe bacon cheese burgers and a salad.
I am very motivated. I can’t wait until this summer.. I have to get my walking started again.
I need to also get into the habit of walking Suki each day.. I need to figure out a schedule.

I spent a couple of hours working on my menu list for this week, yesterday and printed out all the recipes.. made a grocery list and was going to go to the Grocery store and Patrick offered to go for me! OMG.. I was so thrilled.. He is so supportive.. I just am so lucky.. (he is too ; )
So I am all set for a great, on track week.


Life is good.

No comments: