Thursday, February 19, 2009

So far so EXHAUSTED!

Well I am down 8.5 pounds!

I am drinking LOTS of water.. no really! LOTS and taking my magnesium and potassium. I am aware this is water weight as I burn up my glycogen stores.. but as of last night I am in Ketosis so now it’s fat that I am burning!


Ok..So YESTERDAY was a pretty good day. My appetite is still pretty strong so I allowed myself to sort of graze all day (all VLC). I had mostly meats and cheeses.. for right before bed I had an ounce of Mac Nuts.. I have to wait until very late to eat them.. sort of as a "dessert" because they really are SO good I just immediately want to eat more. I
Yesterday morning for breakfast I made my micro lacy swiss crackers. I LOVE them. I have finally got the deli to slice them exactly the right thickness (not too thick, not too thin)..I spray a plate with Pam.. lay a slice on it, sprinkle a bit of red pepper flakes and a dash of salt and micro for 2 min.. You have to work quick to get them off the plate but these are SO good..

I am making hot wings for dinner.. with a salad on the side (didn't have ANY veggies yesterday so looking forward to the salad) with a fennel bulb I got at Sweetbay. I LOVE fennel in my salad...
I use just a splash of balsamic vinegar and a little olive oil on it.. yum!

Got several new herbal teas.. one an apple and one a blueberry.. they both have 0 carbs listed. I am trying to cut back on the diet cokes and drink more herbal teas. So far I have not had much luck - had two diet cokes yesterday and two diet vernors.. but still drank lots of water..

TODAY is going to be a trial for my mood for sure! I am officially exhausted today. I knew to expect it..

I am eating VLC (very low carb) and I know it does this to me, I am only doing VLC for 3-4 weeks to kick these freaking cravings in the ass!

I sure wanted to just stay in bed, plus I am SO DEHYDRATED! I immediately drank a huge glass of ice water and in a few minutes I am going to put my glasses of water all over the house (I do this so that now matter what I am doing during the day I have water to drink in that room)..

I started taking potassium and magnesium the day I started back on LC – I am adding in the rest now.. (Vit C, an aspirin, chewable multi, and my 5HTP.) Had stopped taking 5HTP (plenty of sugar and carbs to keep my serotonin up before.. with all the junk!) but know that on LC it really helps me get over the first few weeks.

I can’t believe I lost that much weight that quickly (going to wait maybe until Sat. am to weigh again).. Ate a lot of roasted chicken wings last night.. sure there is weight just from the food and don't want to have any reason to feel down today at all!

I am so fortunate that I work from home. I count my blessings every day, it's amazing that I am able to do this. I am taking a few days off from my business just to try to hobble thru this time.. It is always very hard for me (the first 10 days or so back on LC).. I get the worst symptoms..

HEADACHES Good God! and even my old standby, BC powders, does not help.

I also get cold and then hot and cold and hot.. over and over.. Do any of you go thru that? It's so strange.I just make lots of hot tea and try to deal!.

Today is going to be a hard day I am afraid! I am SO TIRED! But I am still so blessed.

No comments: