Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I Heart Shirataki Noodles...



It's true love...



Today has been a good day.

I am feeling pretty tired and I know it's just carb withdrawal. I am taking LOTS of minerals (always helps) and tonight I am making a great dinner.

I had some shirataki noodles in the bottom of my fridge and decided to play around with them for lunch.

I thought about what was all in "fried rice" and came up with a sort of "recipe" for the noodles that turned out so good!

I rinsed them really well in hot water and then "dried" them in a skillet until the water had evaporated. I threw in a little garlic and green onion and grated ginger and a T of peanut oil and sautéed them.

Then I added chicken (pulled off our chicken leftover from last night) and an egg and cooked it and at the very end added a little chili paste, soy sauce and toasted sesame oil.

It was so good I am making more tonight for dinner when Patrick gets home.

I LOVE how versatile Shirataki is.

Now if I could find a way to do the peanut noodles that would be the bomb.

No comments: