Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'm Good~


Beautiful Collage Art "Ophelia"...
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=39845260


Well nothing much to report except I am doing well.. I have not lost any more weight yet but I am not concerned.. Still in Ketosis (I need to post that article about WHY we stall post induction.. for up to 6 weeks (I am going on four weeks stalled).

I feel good though, well great actually!

Life is good. I have sort of eased into my LC lifestyle and things are cruising along nicely. It’s not that difficult. I do want Patrick to grill some extra meats over the weekends so I can put them in the freezer.. will make lunch ideas easier.. I want to mix it up a bit.. so we don’t get bored.

Last night I made sauerkraut and kilbasa, I threw in a little fennel seed and it was pretty good.

Tonight I am making chicken soup with a leftover chicken from the deli.. I don’t have a lot in thehouse so far I have found spinach green beans celery and maybe some more kilbasa to be added.. I think it will be ok.. just want to stretch the food left in the house!

Need to make sure to keep up my minerals. I found a recipe I am going to try and also I need to look up the soup Fawn (on LCF) gave me.. it was a veggie type broth I made a few months ago that was good.

Anyway here is the homemade sports drink (for electrolytes) recipe I found:

* 2 quarts water
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt substitute (made with potassium chloride)
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 4 T lemon juice
* stevia to taste

I have not made it yet but I am going to..
Also wanted to post high potassium, LC foods:

 1 cup yogurt – 573 mg potassium (yogurt actually only has about 4 carbs per C)
 1 4 oz pork chop (boneless) – 514 mg
 1 cup cooked chopped broccoli – 458 mg
 ½ avocado – 436 mg
 ½ cup cooked spinach – 420 mg

Other high potassium low carb foods include:
 4 oz beef (sirloin) 495 mg
 4 oz grilled salmon – 480 mg
 1 cup chopped chicken breast meat – 358 mg
 2 Tablespoons tomato paste – 342 mg
 1 3X3” Miracle Brownie (see below – going to make these some time!)– 333 mg
 1 cup raw cauliflower – 303 mg
 2 T peanut butter – 240 mg
 1 cup black tea - 88 mg


Miracle Brownies Low Carb

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Ingredients:
 1/4 lb butter (1 stick)
 2 cups erythritol (powdered, not granulated)
 1 Tbsp vanilla
 4 eggs (room temp is best)
 1/2 cup cocoa
 1 tsp salt
 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
 2 cups flax seed meal
 1 Tbsp baking powder
 1/3 cup cream
 2/3 cup water
 1 cup artificial sweetener
 1 cup walnuts (optional)

Preparation:Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9X13 pan.

1) Cream the butter until fluffy.

2) Add the erythritol to the butter and cream them together until fully combined (aim for a fluffy texture).

3) Add the vanilla and beat the eggs into the mixture, one at a time.

4) Add salt and cocoa, beat well.

5) Add chocolate, beat until fluffy.

6) Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to combine.

7) Pour into a pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until top springs back. (You can also test if they're ready by sticking a toothpick in the brownies. If it comes out clean, or almost-so, they're done.)

8) Cool, then cut into 32 squares. If you cheat and eat one warm, know that the texture will be different once completely cool. That's when they become like real brownies. (They are even better the next day.)

Nutritional Analysis: Each of 32 brownies has 1 gram effective carbohydrate, plus 3 grams of fiber, 3 grams of protein, 10 grams of fat, and 107 calories.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will be adding steamed FRESH broccoli and spinach more often and ½ AVO every once in a while. I should do one of the list every day..

Well got to get back to work!
LC is amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)