Tuesday, February 09, 2010

It's Been a Month Now...



Yesterday marks four weeks back on LC. I feel great!!


Hum...
Well I am up a pound this morning.. Over the last few days it keeps going up and down this one pound.. I KNOW my body is getting ready to drop 3-4#!!! I just have to drink my water and hang on!

I have to write about how well I did over the weekend!! My sis and her family came to visit, her oldest was celebrating his 13th BD! We had such a fantastic weekend!!! AND I Stayed on plan effortlessly all weekend and was also in ketosis every time I checked..

Patrick and I went to Awful Waffle with My sis and her family for breakfast Sat. AM. I had a “steak melt” sans bread over a small side salad for “brunch”.. it was pretty good.. I added some Worstershire on top.

For dinner Sat. night we had Joe's Crab Shack !!! I LOVE Joe's!..



Patrick and I had lobster claws, snow crab, shrimp and some sausage (one of the “boils” they serve on ice..) it was a perfect meal!!! Yum and I love that he is doing this with me SO much!!
..
Sunday we went to Cracker Barrel to have brunch with them before they left.. I stayed LC (ordered off the LC menu they have).

Sun. night we had leftover blackened pork chops and lots of nuts thru the day.. and cali/broc mix..

I am SO proud of myself.. I feel so good. I did it.. I had a fantastic weekend and stayed on track, that is a very good feeling.

Yesterday was a good LC day as well.. I actually only had 12 net carbs, I LOVE Fitday! It is really helping me stay on track.

Last night I made hot dogs and sauerkraut for dinner, I REALLY liked this!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sat we took my sister's oldest (for his 13th BD) to one of the smaller parks here in Orlando (The Fun Spot).

They have three go-kart tracks and I rode one of the double karts with Patrick one time. It was fun, he rode on and off the rest of the day.

My sis and I found this VERY tall hydraulic swing ride.. It was called "The Scream Swing"..

Here is an article about it I found on line:

"a recent addition to Fun Spot USA in Kissimmee, is really just a dramatic, gigantic, mother of all playground swing sets. Two long poles carry back-to-back rows of two riders each for a capacity of eight. The seats have lap bars but no shoulder harnesses. The poles start to sway -- one forward, one backward -- building momentum and larger arcs until the cars are swinging wide and parallel to the ground -- and then beyond parallel over 90deg! -- and over the nearby parking lot.

"I'll scream if you will," Justine, a teenage tourist from Michigan, says to me in line.

You've got a deal, Justine.

We start forward, then glide back. Each pass is a bit wider than the one previous. Justine is all hands up in the air, waving them like she just doesn't care. I'm a gripper. We both whoop and holler. She's a veteran of thrill-heavy Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, and she had just been to Islands of Adventure, too, but this simple pleasure works for her.

Eventually we're at the peak, hovering over the parking lot. There's a short moment of weightlessness, but it's long enough to think "I'm glad I'm not parked right there."

On the opposite side of the arc, we're treated to a backs-to-the-ground, back-to-nature sight that's pure Florida sky and clouds. Swing, scream, repeat. Swing, scream repeat"..

Anyway it was a BLAST and scream I did.. my sis on the other hand, laughed the entire time!

1 comment:

Conradsmom said...

Oh you know, what can I say, I laugh when I am scared!! We did have a great time.

You certainly motivated me to make better choices in my food consumption, although I would never admit that over my country fried steak! Since we got home I am doing great with what I am putting into my body. I must say tho, I need to stay away from Cracker Barrel, I just don't have what it takes to JUST SAY NO!! Not yet anyway.

I am so proud of you! Hey, I took my vitamin this morning. Yeah!!!

XOXO,

S