Saturday, June 05, 2010

#$%!&*##$^!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been struggling lately. I am dealing with boredom in my eating. I have gotten to where I don’t want to cook often because it’s Summer and this always happens in the summer when I get too hot PLUS I am dealing with freaking hot flashes too.. Whatever...

I posted on LCF re: foods that are cool and don’t need cooking or at least can be cooked ahead of time and just brought to room temp.. like a quiche.

A couple of days ago I just gave in and had Thai food. I really don’t have an excuse. It certainly was NOT a planned indulgence. (I do have those from time to time). I think actually I had waited too long for my next planned indulgence and just was starting to feel deprived. Didn’t feel like cooking, was overwhelmed with work and just made a decision to “not give a crap” for that day.

I gained 4 pounds of water and it’s slowly coming back off.. I went back to induction levels (below 20g a day) but not induction really, as I am allowing myself more veggies and nuts than are allowed on true induction.

I had to look at why it happened and came to the conclusion I was bored and decided to get back into ketosis as quick as possible and then start cooking a few more interesting meals and some cold meals like gazpacho, good salads, ceviche, etc.. I need to keep focused and plan better, I was allowing myself to sort of let go too much. I was overwhelmed with work and the house and painting the house.. etc.

I need to do what I know works, making a weekly menu, doing the shopping, getting everything organized and cooking a few things ahead of time.

I am doing a roasted lemon rosemary chicken for dinner tonight.. I wash and dry the chicken, separate the skin from the bird and stuff thin sliced lemon and rosemary leaves under the skin. Then I butter the skin (make sure the bird is good and dry... I wash it and then dry it with a few paper towels) and sprinkle LOTS of garlic salt, onion powder and pepper.. so much that you would think it would be too much but it really makes the skin GREAT.

I cook it uncovered until it needs to be covered, in a 375 deg. Oven. It’s a really good chicken this way.
I am making a nice salad to go with. Simple with a homemade vinaigrette.

I just made an interesting drink. I am always struggling with wanting to drink sodas. I bought a bunch of dried ginger from Penzeys spices and boiled it in water for 15 min.. strained it and added stevia. It’s good hot (right now) and will be really good cold. I think it would be good added to lemonaide.

I am also going to Whole Food (freaking should call it Whole Paycheck) soon to get some sushi grade fish, shrimp and maybe scallops to make ceviche.

A cucumber, tomato, avo gazpacho is in the works too. I LOVE good gazpacho. I want more salads too. Friends on LCF have had some good suggestions for me too here:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lowcarb-recipe-help-suggestions/677505-i-need-cold-food-ideas-gazpacho-ceviche-etc.html

Other ideas are Caprese salad.. tomatoes, Mozzarella Cheese, capers, bunch fresh basil leaves , olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I really like this salad and make it fairly often.

I like slaw too and am looking up an old Italian chopped salad recipe I have somewhere.

I also love Antipasta salad and a good Greek salad. I also want to work up a recipe for a cold pasta salad using Dreamfields.

Anyway, I am going to be fine. This is my lifestyle and I know I am not perfect but I am SURE much, OMG MUCH better off than I was 40 pounds ago!

Ok.. I feel better now.

No comments: