Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Rituals...


Have you ever had blooming tea? It's beautiful and some of them are REALLY good!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Morning,

How are you this Tuesday morning? It’s a stunning and very beautiful morning here, somewhat still cool with a bit of fog at this early hour (6am). I am enjoying a new blooming green tea with a baby hibiscus flower in it (working on drinking MORE green tea! I love it for several reasons, all the antioxidants of course, and it’s supposed to help with weight loss. But for me I think it’s more the ritual of tea).

I have a small collection of teacups I have gathered over the years. Each morning I normally have tea first thing when I get up and then an espresso about an hour later (with lots of cream! – got to love low carb (LC) for that!) with my husband.. from here on out he is to be known as “The Genius”. And he actually is. But that’s another story…

I can’t tell you how much I enjoy my morning tea ritual. In my past my food was out of control. I have had to find a new mentality (still a work in progress) about how and what I eat and drink. I went from an extreme of over-eating whatever and whenever I wanted to a very severe extreme diet over and over, back and forth.

It’s incredibly hard for me to find a “happy medium”. I am an extreme person. I tend to see things in black and white. Somehow my tea and espresso ritual has helped me with this. It feels indulgent (really nice china cups, really good quality coffee and tea and what’s not indulgent about real cream!) so that appeals in a big way to my hedonistic side, but it is actually good for my physically and mentally so that appeals to my more “virtuous” side.

We all have read about how green (and white tea) is so good for us. I really do believe all the hype. I like to try new tea often. I normally buy from small companies online (I really like to support indy businesses) somehow I feel like my buck might make a difference to these smaller companies. I also go to ebay from time to time to find a new teacup or espresso cup. I have a small collection of ones that are special to me. A pink and a blue set that is from the 40’s are my very fav right now. Here are a couple of pix just because I love them that much:





I guess what I am getting at with this post is that once you begin to only put what you consider the best into your body you need and want less of the crap you used to eat. You get so much more satisfaction from it. Now a really nice cut of meat, even very small, and a salad with good quality fresh (and organic if we can afford it that week!) veggies seems very special to me not to mention my extreme fascination with cheese and wine! Now we have a bit of good cheese and a glass of wine for dessert and it’s incredible! But that’s an entirely different post…

Have a great day my lovely friends!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Those are beautiful tea cups!! I've never tried blooming tea, but it is gorgeous to look at for sure! I drink Lipton Orange Passionflower Jasmine Iced tea, and I LOVE it! I've been trying something new in the morning - I drink 20 oz of water before beginning my coffee ritual. We'll see how that goes and if it makes a difference with anything. (I read it's supposed to speed up your metabolism 20-30%, but that's pretty amazing just for some water in the morning - so I'm skeptical, but it certainly isn't hurting anything.)

Have a good weekend!