Friday, July 02, 2010

Hi!



I have been thinking for days I needed to get in and post, It’s been too long. I am doing fantastic, better than I have (weight loss wise) in months. Our trip to AR was nice. I loved seeing my sisters and my father. I miss AR sometimes. I certainly do miss the Ozarks. The wildness of them. The way time seems to stand still there. I am sort of torn between wanting to be a city girl (I live in Orlando) and missing my “country girl” roots. Everything seems so much slower there, but I know I would get bored before too long.

Eureka is like an entire other world. Like a little European village.. Lots of gingerbread houses and hippies. Great art galleries too. Psychics and herb shops and a wonderful fringe element abounds.

Anyway it is good to be back. I feel like I am really doing well in my dieting. I upped my carbs (climbed the Atkins ladder it’s called) and am eating a few more carbs (still considered low carb, actually anything under 100 carbs a day is considered low carb).

I am eating LOTS more veggies and some starchy veggies also. More fruit – sort of a low GI style diet I guess. As I have raised my carbs a bit I also have lowered my fat. I still eat good quality cheese (my fav. right now is Uni Kaas Aged Gouda):



Of course also using butter and avo – I am eating a bit less red meat and when I do it’s a bit more lean. I am eating less calories also. I have semi fasted two days early this week (ate very lightly until dinner and than had a pretty light dinner). I am enjoying lots of salads.

A little about what I am eating (I have lost over 10# in the last three weeks).

Last night I made curry dusted chicken breast with raitha (yogurt, garlic, cucumber, garbonzo beans and tomato with cumin and ground green coriander) on the side.. I LOVED it.. I have always loved raitha.

Night before last I made teriyaki salmon with sautéed snow peas.. I sort of did a combo stirfry/sauté.. I added pam to the pan first then added chopped fresh garlic, fresh chopped ginger, red bell and snow peas and sautéed and then added some soy sauce mixed with a drop of stevia. I cooked it with a lid on for about 12 min. Right before I served it I added a teaspoon of water with a half teaspoon toasted sesame oil. (wanted to make the oil go further – it’s such a strong flavor) I topped with sesame seeds right before serving. I was surprised how good it was to be so low cal.

For the salmon .. I thawed it and poured some Kikkoman triple ginger teriyaki sauce over it and sealed it in a ziplock for a couple of hours and set it in the fridge.. turned over a couple of times.. then baked it covered in the oven 350 for 20 min.. spooned some of the sauce on top and WOW it was excellent salmon.. my fav. meal in a long time.

Monday night was an arugula cranberry salad with sesame seed encrusted goat cheese I warmed in a pan on top of the stove.. also sprinkled some pecans over the top. I have been using a Fig Balsamic



(no fat) for my dressing on most of my salads.. I get it here:

http://www.cybercucina.com/

I absolutely love this online store.

So I am doing well, enjoying more fruit and much more veggies, eating more light (it’s hot has hell here – 103 in my back yard a couple of days ago) and losing weight. I am tempted to go Raw again.. enjoyed it last summer but I am concerned about too much fruit.

I think the heat is really just making me want to eat lots of water filled summer fruits and veggies and less fat and meat. I certainly won’t give up meat and will prob. Go back to very low carb and much higher fat this winter but for now I am listening to my body and actually making progress weight loss wise.

Will try to keep posting more often.
Missed you all!!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Like your new blog look! I'm glad you had fun and made it back from AR. It's such a beautiful area. I am very excited that you've lost 10 pounds, and know that you must be too! Congrats on that girl! Glad you're back.