Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Red Velvet Cake.. I adore/hate you...

Well today so far has been good.. my energy is good and my mood is good.

Dinner last night I made my own version of "Alice Springs Chicken" from Outback.
I rubbed four chicken breasts (made double batch so we could have lunch next day) with a chicken garlic herb spice several hours before I was cooking them.

Then just cooked some bacon (five slices for two breasts) and sauteed a half jar of mushrooms in the fat then melted some butter in the leftover bacon fat and sauteed the spiced up chicken breasts. I measured one ounce of sharp cheddar for me ( I can get carried away with cheese!) and just topped the chicken with mushrooms, cheese and crumbled bacon. It was REALLY good. I was actually surprised how good the chicken was with the spice on it.

This morning I made some sage sausage and eggs for Patrick. The sausage was enough for me. Although it is noon now and I am hungry… I am going to plan on eating lunch closer to 1pm so I can space out my food.. I remember when I made that mental decision I thought how cool it is to have control over my appetite. I am hungry but not starving! I want to get under 1200 calories today so I am spacing my food out a bit more.

I put a roast in the crockpot for tonight, not sure but I think I will do mashed cali with cheese to go with.. also need to make some "Ooopsies" (from Cleo on LowCarbFriends.com) to use with some of the leftover roast tomorrow for lunch.

I was looking on Etsy for some Red Velvet Cupcakes for my Uncle Ken (he is going thru Chemo and I really think something sweet will be nice for him) I love Red Velvet Cake! Good God it’s my favorite…

I know I do good on LC and I have decided THIS is the way I am going to finally get this weight off, but WOW they looked good.

I was thinking I would REALLY love one right now.. and then just thought about smearing it on my thighs, might as well, it just ends up there (one of mom’s fav. visualizations to motivate someone to diet, I rather think it works!).. and the craving left (almost)..

Love you Uncle Ken. Thinking about you allot right now. Hang tight, sugar is on it's way!


Calories/Carbs: 1347 – 13

No comments: