Saturday, March 07, 2009

Doing good!

Well it’s been a few days but I am still going strong. Feeling pretty good.. had some Gall Bladder issues (have had them in the past).. pain and nausea in the AM. Also been running to the bathroom allot. BUT I have it under better control as I have started to watch my fat intake as well.

Going to get some herbs and do a few days of a juice fast as well, sometime soon.. and maybe another Gall Bladder flush.

Let’s see..
Right now I am doggy sitting for my parents. I have their two min-pins. Hammer and Pepper.



So a total of three pups in the house right now!

They are FUN. Poor Pepper is feeling her age though. (I think she’s like 14 or so) and walks gingerly and needs help up and down from the couch.. she is still eating well (would eat all day if I let her)..

Hammer is a drama queen. He is a beautiful red min-pin. He has the longest legs I have seen on one. My baby Pug – Sukiyaki



(careful, he will try to hypnotize ya!):



is CRAZY about Hammer. He just won’t leave him alone. He has started mimicking Hammer. It’s so cute. For example last night I let all three out in the back yard for a romp. I came back in to start dinner and left them out for a few minutes. When I was in the kitchen I saw them all three come back up to the sliding glass door.. they were so cute.. they all set down in a row and waited for me to come back. When they saw me watching them, hammer lifted up his front let and scratched the door three times. Suki, watching Hammer intently, instantly did the same thing.. three times.. It’s the little things!

Just a note re: my workout clothes I ordered! Everything fit! (well the black yoga pants are snug, but that’s ok for now).

I have been doing good on my eating. Actually eating quite well.. cals / carbs have been:

Feb 27th 1568/16
March 2nd 2450/<20 (considered this a maintain day- lots of nuts and made Pumpkin Breakfast Bake… TOO good, ate too much of it)
March 3rd.. down a pound to 230! 1192/38
March 5th 1545/34
March 6th - 1629/36 – still weigh 230

Some of the food I have been making:

I tried these “Scorpion Fries” I read about on a thread on LCF.. you take half a large bag of frozen whole green beans, throw them in a bowl, add a T of olive oil (use your hands and toss forever and it will coat them.. ) and then add any spice you like (I LOVE Penzey’s “Sunny Paris” on mine. – (shallots, chives, green peppercorns, dill weed, basil, tarragon, chervil and bay leaf) and I added sea salt.

Put them in the oven (325) and cook for about an hour and 10 min (for me).. they get all dark brown and shrivvled.. Ugly as sin.. but they taste so good! I could not believe it. Strange but true.


Last weekend Patrick and I took the bike out:




and rode around to a few parks in Orlando/Clermont, just to get out of the house at first, BUT actually ended up spending the entire day out. It was great.. and we had a successful LC late lunch at Red Lobster (shrimp scampi and crab and baby lobster).. with LOTS of butter.. it was fantastic.

The shrimp scampi was so good I decided to duplicate it at home a couple of nights later. It was SO good!

One night I made a HUGE salad my 7 carb balsamic as the dressing AND sweet red bell pepper.. cucumbers, radish, tomatoes, green onions, blue cheese, a boiled egg and 1 sliced turkey bacon chopped up in it. The salad was GOOD!!! I mean really GOOD.. it’s interesting the red bell tasted SO sweet to me and the cucumber almost tasted like watermelon..

Made low carb andd LF (gall bladder still hurting) fajhitas sans tortillas.. with red bell, onion, some of the dried smoked ancho in my freezer, a jalapeno, some garlic, chicken broth, chili con carne spice (penzeys) chicken, garlic and cilantro.. lime garnish.. it was WOW!

I have stayed in Ketosis all week (even after all the green beans and the huge salad one night with balsamic vinegar for my dressing AND all the red bell peppers and onions in our Chicken Fajhitas last night.


Today Patrick and I are going to be doing allot of running around… Errands, grocery shopping.. etc.

No comments: