Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Whew... It's been too long..

Well I can't believe how much time has passed.
I actually considered deleting all my posts and starting over because I have actually gained several pounds and felt really bad about this. I had made it to 213 so I have gained 9 pounds.

I decided to just keep on keeping on as this really is a journey. It has been four months since my last post.

I have struggled allot and been on and off low carb and gone veggie for a while for a liver cleanse and then back to low carb and then now.. just simply off. I have eaten whatever I wanted for about three weeks now.

Patrick and I went to Chicago (loved it!) to attend a wonderful wedding for my cousin Kenner and his new bride Agnes.

The festivities were amazing and very life affirming and what a wonderful woman Agnes is.

I ended up going off my diet big time and have really not been able to get back on.

The last week I have been dealing with a lot of stress because I am getting a Colonoscopy and EGD test in the morning (dealing with lower abdominal pain for a very long time - finally ready to figure this out but a bit afraid).

The stress has really thrown me for a loop and now I am up to 232 pounds.

I tell myself I am still down from my orig. 257# high but it's very depressing that all this time has gone by and I am so stagnant in my weight loss. I tend to dwell on this too much.

Tomorrow are the gastro tests and today I am doing a clear liquid diet day. I made several batches of jello and have been drinking gingerale and such.

I have to do the bowel cleanse this afternoon (yeah!, fun right?) and am sure NOT looking forward to that.

Anyway I am planning on getting back to low carb withing the next 7-10 days - I want to give myself a few days after the tests to get my electrolytes back up as low carb really depletes them the first month or so and this bowel cleanse will certainly deplete me big time!

I plan on it not being more than a week before I am back on my WOE.

I am actually looking forward to getting back on plan and will just journal and count calories until I get back to Atkins.

I am making a goal to lose 40# (be well under 200) by my birthday on Dec. 24th (Christmas Eve). What a great gift to myself this will be.

No comments: