Monday, August 03, 2009

Raw is coming along...

I am on day 5 of eating Raw Vegan and I feel very good finally.
I had 3 days of headache and just feeling like crap but I am much better now. I am sure it was a bit of Detox and from what I understand this will come and go as my body lets go of the years worth of built up toxins.

I have been doing about 80-80% raw foods. I have a bit of cooked food when I just really feel I have to have it (they say it helps to transition). For me I wanted to go 100% right off the bat but it's very hard.

I have had a serving of cooked brussel sprouts one day, SmartPop popcorn last night after dinner (watching a movie), and today around 5pm I had an Amy's Veggie pie.

Everything I HAVE had has been Vegan.. and most has been Raw Vegan.



I have been having fruit, all I want, until at least noon each day.. and usually further into the day as long as I can.

Patrick and I made Veggie Nori rolls with Avocado, carrot, bean sprouts, cucumber, zucchini and yellow squash. We rolled them up in the Nori, sliced them like sushi and ate them with pickled ginger and wasabi.. they were so good I have made these almost every day for a late lunch (around 3-4pm).

So far I have lost about 3 pounds. I am not weighing every day though.

I made the BEST Raw meal the other night..


Raw Pad Thai

This Pad Thai-inspired raw food salad is hearty enough to serve as an entree. the flavor really comes from the freshly chopped cilantro, so whatever you do, don't substitute the raw fresh cilantro for dried. It just won't be the same if you do! Try this raw food recipe for a delicious and nutritious raw foods Pad Thai salad.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients:
 2 zucchinis, sliced into strips with a vegetable peeler (using a yellow squash and a zucchini)
 2 large handfuls of bean sprouts, approx 2 cups
 3/4 cup chopped nuts (use almonds or cashews)
 2 green onions sliced thin and long
 shredded carrot
 shredded cabbage
 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
 juice from one lime
 1/4 tsp sea salt
 fresh cracked black pepper
 red chili pepper flakes

Preparation:
Toss all ingredients together in a bowl until well coated. Add a dash more salt if desired and enjoy!


Note..

For my cleanse I am doing the ginger, apple, spices and rice wine vinegar dressing:
Ginger, carrot, apple, celery, lime juice, tangerine oil, dark sesame oil (last), green onion.. whirled in blender.. add dk sesame oil and serve.

This is the breakdown of the dressing:
2” peeled ginger (nice chunk) chopped up as much as possible, 1 pink lady apple peeled and chopped, 1 med. Carrot peeled and grated, 1 med. Celery destringed and chopped, squeeze of lime juice, 3 drops tangerine oil, chopped green onion.

I cut the veggies all in fine julianne pieces and we ate the salad with chop stix.. it was FANTASTIC!

I can do this.

Today on the way home from picking up Suki (he was Neutered today :(

I instantly wanted a greasy hamburger! I couldn't believe it and I got PISSED at myself. It took allot of strength and I was glad I had to get Suki home and take care of him or I might have caved. Once I got my mind off it I was fine.

I had waited too long to eat and the craving came on quickly. I almost caved!

When we got home and I got Suki resting, I ate my Amy's meal. When I finished it I truly wanted more to eat but I made myself wait. Now I am fine.

Lesson learned:
Don't go too long without eating.

No comments: