Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Confession time...



Ok..
So I have been REALLY great for two months, stayed LC and in Ketosis the entire time.. (8# down).

Today I totally lost it for a couple of hours and ate WAY too much.

Today I had to go to the grocery store and I always have to really show serious self control when I get home on those days.

In the past, (back in my bingeing days) as I would unpack I would eat. Hell I would start eating in the freaking car on the way home.. everything that didn't have to be cooked.. and I bought lots of junk AND fatty foods.. (cookies, pastries, poptarts, banana twins (they were my fav! Red Velvet cakes - no wait they were my favorite... etc.). I would just totally eat until I was sick.

Anyway today it happened again.
I was lucky that it was low carb but I ate several ounces of cheese (like 5), over 5 ounces of nuts AND... this is the kicker... SF candy.

I have not bought this is ages but Patrick mentioned last night he would really like some to take to work and put in his drawer SO.. I bought a couple of packages.. I ate like 5 pieces in 5 min.

I actually DID show some control only in that I wrote it ALL down, each time telling myself that was IT... (it finally is).

So far today my calories are 2700. I WANT to just not eat dinner but I can't as I know this is not the answer.. deprivation NEVER works for me.. which leads me to think about the fast I did day before yesterday....

Anyway, not sure what set me off... could have been the fast, might be that I am hormonal (I don't keep track anymore) and I am pretty sure it also was the variety of food all at once that was "available" in the house.

In the past, this would lead to a couple days of starving myself but I am not going to do that.. just going to go on with my day.

After really thinking about this I have decided the fasting (even if it is for only one day) is not for me.. I wonder if this is what lead to the binging.. I know I don’t do well with feelings of deprivation. I have go to just do this slow and steady and make sure I also eat enough fat. I also don’t need to buy any more of those Blue Diamond Flavored Almonds Gurrrrrrr! Freaking they are what set me off I think.. too damn good.

1 comment:

Inga said...

That happens to me too! I enjoy fasting but I noticed it triggers binging for me as well.

I had to break the eating while unpacking groceries habit too. I make a quick cup of coffee or a big glass of crystal light and have that while I am putting things away.