Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's almost Friday!

Spring has almost sprung!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I am feeling very good. Yesterday was easier food wise because I logged all my food ahead of time in Fitday (this really keeps me reined in!). I have been doing this from time to time when I start to struggle with wanting to just eat too much, you know munch mindlessly all day... and it's amazing how well it worked for me.

Yesterday I had 1750 calories and 30 carbs (still in Ketosis, not sure what my critical level will be and sure I don't want to know just yet!). I am shooting really for 1500 average..

Last night I wanted to much on a handful of Almonds and talked myself out of it because I had already logged everything in and I didn't want to have to log back in and make any changes.. so I decided to just hang on till dinner.

Patrick brought us home Outback Caesar Grilled Shrimp salad (sans croutons, extra Caesar dressing!) and it was very good.. I freaking LOVE their dressing recipe. I found a recipe that is "supposed" to be the actual recipe:

Outback Caesar Dressing

1 cup Egg Beaters
1 1/4 ounces crushed garlic
3 1/2 ounces parmesan cheese
2 2/3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 1/2 ounces anchovies
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 cups olive oil
3 T chopped fresh parsley

Makes like a quart I think! I will be making it soon just to see how close it is!

They only gave us 5 shrimp each.. they are large shrimp but still I wanted more but after dinner I found I was actually plenty full.

I wanted to give a shout out to my friend Tiffany:

Isn't she a stunner!

I wanted to introduce her bad ass site "Deliciously-Thin".

It's in the works and she's already got it filled with great recipes and a soon to be filled "success stories section".. I can't wait to post in!

Check out her site here:

http://www.deliciously-thin.com





and read her success story here:

http://www.deliciously-thin.com/atkins-success-stories.html

I know I will be making even more of her recipes! I can say the roasted cali was the bomb and what a cool way to do it:













Check out her unique recipe here:
http://www.deliciously-thin.com/baked-cauliflower-recipe.html

I love that you steam it a bit before. We eat lots of cali (Low carbers best friend!) and this was a fun way to cook it.

More to come...

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

First I was struck by your graphic! Awesome - I love it! Then I saw me - you're sooooooo sweet! Thanks a million and one times for it!!