Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's Sunday.. and my mind is racing...

Photobucket

Today I have so much going thru my mind. My focus right now is taking care of my liver while also working back up to high fat (already back to low carb.)

It seems to be a contradiction to me or at least it used to. Now I know your liver can be helped with low carb – even with LOTS of fat in your diet.

I have slowly raised my fat over the last two days. So far so good. I want to do another liver/gall cleanse soon. I think the fact that it is Springtime urges me to do it. My body always wants to do it in the Spring. I feel sluggish, bloated and well… fat! There are times I don’t feel this way. LC is good for making me feel more lean even though I am still very much overweight. I feel more defined.. Hope that feeling comes back soon!

Tonight for dinner is Tiffany’s Pesto Salmon:

Pesto Salmon
You'll need:
 one piece of raw salmon per person
 a jar or tub of pesto
Broil or grill the salmon on one side only. If your fish has skin on one side, put this side up first. When done on the first side, turn the fish over, smear pesto all over the uncooked side, and continue grilling or broiling until done on this side. That's it!

Here is her site again!:
http://www.deliciously-thin.com/low-carb-seafood-recipes.html

I love this because I have some great wild caught salmon in from Whole Foods and also several batches of homemade Pesto in the freezer. This is such a wonderful simple meal. When you have excellent ingredients a simple meal is perfection. I think I am making my roasted balsamic asparagus for the side.

YUM!
Tiffany, thanks for the great idea! Love you girl!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I am craving fruit in the mornings still (changed to fruit before noon when I started having liver pain – but now I am back to Atkins) Surprised I am craving but I know it will pass. I would get some more strawberries right now but they are in perfect season and I am NOT sure I could control the portions on them! I think maybe the craving is just thirst. I am SO thirsty again.

Just having a nice double espresso with 2 T half n half. I love our epsresso machine! It’s a bit of an obsession.


(That's a pix of me my DH took a couple of days ago.. no makeup yet but I didn't care because he just brought me a GREAT cup of coffee!)

I have over 10 Davinci flavors (which is kind of low for us!) .. I use them in cooking as well as coffee PLUS last year I bought us a snow cone machine and several fruit flavors of the Davinci. My fav is mixing coconut and pineapple and a splash of cream on the ice. YUM.

Well my mind sure is wondering this morning. I love Sundays.

This next week I am aiming for 2# lost. I am going to make sure I walk EVERY day and go for at least 40min. It’s perfect weather here right now so no damned excuses. My boy Suki loves a good long walk.


(Suki when he was a baby! I need some new pix.. he's over a year old now.)


Also I am going to get back on my milk thistle and lemon juice regimen. I use fresh lemon juice and a couple of drops of stevia in a huge glass of pellagrino (yes it’s expensive but I gave up my Diet Cokes and this is what made it possible!) each morning. I had ran out of my milk thistle (for my liver) for a couple of weeks.

Also running low on my CO.. (coconut oil). I was just reading a post by my friend Fawn on LCF (low carb friends):

(Fawn is a personal health coach a Certified Nutrition Educator. She's helping SO many (including me).. you can find out more about here on her site "My Healthy Transition"")

http://myhealthytransition.com/

Her personal journey (with very motivational pix!) can be found here:
http://myhealthytransition.com/packages.html


On LCF she was talking about how the CO along with Cod Liver Oil (which I take both) about how the combo is good for your Thyroid. I sent her a PM asking about ratios. I wonder if I need to up either.. Right now I am taking 1T of both each day. And well, also using the CO occasionally in cooking .. I LOVE my veggies roasted in CO.. especially green beans.

I feel a renewed excitement. I will get this figured out!
Have an excellent upcoming week everyone!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Hi Honey.

Love all the pictures this time! Love the robe, the bed, the dog! Fun!

Your enthusiasm is contagious. Hope you have a great week. You reminded me that I'm out of CO too, and I need some more!

PS - I LOVE love coffee too.