Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fasted Yesterday...


... and I am down a pound and a half this morning. I had noticed I didn't even get hungry yesterday until after 3pm and decided to just make it a fasting day. I have found lately that at certain times in my cycle I can do this more easily. It sort of came naturally yesterday. Some days I am FAMISHED and eat every 3 hours and some days I can eat very lightly. I don't totally fast very often. It's been quite a while but it was not very hard. I had a bit of hunger at dinnertime but then was very surprised to notice at about 9:30PM (we usually eat around 8pm) I was not hungry. I think I was sort of just hungry at dinner time because it's normal for me to eat then.

Today I feel good. I immediately got up and had some low sodium V8 (over 1000mg potassium in that stuff!).. I needed sustenance but didn't want to eat a huge breakfast so I had the V8 and my espresso with 2T half n half and was fine until now.. and it's almost 1pm!

Sometimes prolonging eating in the AM helps my total calories for the day and keeps my hunger down until later in the day which really helps. I am not one that buys into the fact that you HAVE to eat in the morning. It seems as soon as I eat for the day, the rest of the day I am hungry.. I don't seem to have any of the voracious hunger I had before my time on Low Carb (I am no longer doing true Atkins style LC - Just low GI) and keep a keen eye on my actual appetite. I eat fairly often but I am having snax. Like an apple with PB or cheese or Ryevita and Laughing Cow triangles or a large tomato and cucumber salad with turkey (around 150 calories).

It's a fine line, trying to eat only when I am truly hungry and only as much as I need to NOT be hungry. I have finally got down the eating slowly, and eating smallish portions. I am working on stopping before I am truly full and waiting. My sense of fullness always seems to catch up with me at about 10 minutes out. It is interesting the difference between comfortable and full. I WANT to eat too much. I WANT that feeling of being drugged sometimes. I know it's not what I NEED and so far I am walking that line. It's working so far.

How is everyone doing today?! I've been playing in photoshop, what did you think about my pink peacock?

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

It's easier (I think) to really get in tune with your body and feel your true hunger once you've been low carb. I'm the same as you...have days where I just don't seem hungry at all, and then others that I am. It's good that we're more in touch with that. (as opposed to my previous all you could eat buffets all day long!)

Oooh, and my confessions launched on my site, so you'll have to go check it out.

XOXO-
Tiffany