Friday, July 23, 2010

OMG.. Has it really been two weeks?



Ugggg! Sorry it’s been too long since I last posted (thanks to you Tiffany my lovely friend, for giving me a push!).

I am good… I’ve had good and bad days but the good days out number the bad for sure! I am still doing fairly low carb but no longer worrying about ketosis. I am using my appetite as a gauge. When I eat too many carbs I get TOO hungry and then I know it’s time to cut back on those carbs. I am STILL not eating any junk.. no sugar, etc. I am eating lots and LOTS of salads and turkey and still love my cheese.

I think I guess I would say I am just trying to put everything I have learned into effect now. Watching portions, eating as healthy as possible, taking my time when I eat.. etc.

I have been bad about not taking supplements.. it just gets old sometimes but I always come back to them.

On the left here is a visualization pix I have on my fridge - got to love that! My head on the body I want.

~~~~~~~~~
I unfortunately started smoking again a couple of months ago. No excuses really, life in general was HARD and I caved. For some reason I have always connected dieting with smoking. In the past when I smoked lots I did well dieting… I have this mind connection and now when I am cutting calories I automatically want to smoke.

I stopped again yesterday. I threw a half pack away and have got to find some other “crutch”.. I used a cinnamon stick (the real kind.. the cinnamon bark rolled up like you would use in a cup of cider) as a tool to quit last time.. I would pop it in my mouth and keep it there when I craved cigs.. it works well because you can draw air thru the hole in the cinnamon. And the sticks are about the same size as a cig. for some reason they worked for me so I am back to them.. I had stopped smoking for almost two years.


I gained three pounds on our scalloping trip. Just too much food in general. Also I think the heat made me retain water. But it’s off now and I am THANKFUL!

Tonight I am making salmon steaks that I will marinate in teriyaki sauce – it’s actually Kikkoman triple ginger teriyaki sauce. I just marinate them a couple of hours. It’s REALLY amazing. I am making lima beans (I like to cook them ALL day!) to go with.. all in all a pretty low cal and lowish carb (low GI for sure) dinner.

Will do my best to post much more often.

I just printed this out and put it on my vanity mirror.. I love this:


“Remember,
it's never too late to become the person you were always meant to be”.


I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! XOXO Cary~

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Good luck with your quitting smoking!

Sounds like you're doing well. As am I. I understand the rough patches...good grief I've been on and off and on and off for months - which has ultimately not led to any weight loss - until the past two weeks - and now I'm SO on! Isn't that funny?

I have a picture hanging in my kitchen that says "It's never too late to live happily ever after." Kinda the same.

We keep trying right? I think that's good - I think we keep coming back because we know it's right and it's good for us. Versus giving up entirely - at least we come back!

Unknown said...

keep up the great work, you look just awesome by the way.

Daria